Could you be a Health and Wellbeing Community Champion?
We’re looking for volunteers from across Nottingham who can help shape a network of Community Champions – people who really understand how their local communities work and what is important to them.
Health and Wellbeing Community Champions are volunteers who help to improve health and wellbeing in Nottingham City.
Supported by Nottingham City Council and local NHS services, the Champions work in their local neighbourhoods and signpost people to advice and support on health matters – as well as promoting ways to improve general wellbeing.
What do Health and Wellbeing Community Champions do?
- Share health information with their community, family and friends, local groups, parents, and carers.
- Talk to people about the role and encourage others to sign up to be a Health and Wellbeing Community Champion.
- Take part in promotional activities, such as events, giving out leaflets, putting posters in shops, restaurants, pubs, notice boards or community spaces and sharing posts on social media.
What skills would I need?
You don’t need any special skills or experience to be a Community Champion, just a commitment to make a different in your community – we’ll make sure you get all the training and support you need.
Volunteers are supported by a Programme Manager based at the City Council.
What are the benefits of volunteering?
- You can help make a positive difference to people’s’ lives within your own community.
- You can meet new people from a range of backgrounds and it can make you feel valued as part of a team.
- It can improve your overall confidence and wellbeing, and provide better physical and mental health.
- You can gain valuable experience, develop new skills and use your existing skills to benefit others.
- It can provide you with a sense of purpose and a closer connection to others in your community.
How do I apply to become a Nottingham Health and Wellbeing Champion?
Express your interest in becoming a Health and Wellbeing Champion, by emailing: email@example.com
Please also get in touch, if you are a community volunteer organisation, who would like your volunteers to have the chance to develop new skills and opportunities.