The Health and Wellbeing Board is a partnership bringing together key local leaders from the City Council, NHS and the wider community to improve the health and wellbeing of the population of Nottingham and reduce health inequalities.
Meeting regularly in public and discussing a range of topics and subjects affecting the local health community, the Board exists to:
- Develop a shared understanding of the health and wellbeing needs of its communities from pre-birth to end of life, including the health inequalities within and between communities
- Provide system leadership to secure collaboration to meet these needs more effectively
- Have strategic influence over commissioning decisions across health, public health and social care, and encouraging integration where appropriate
- Recognise the impact of the wider determinants of health on health and wellbeing
- Involve patient and service user representatives and councillors in commissioning decisions